Friday 6 February 2015

Remission or not




Yes I know, once diagnosed forever diagnosed. That's what medicine says about this disease they don't understand. ( at the moment ).
It used to really frustrate me  to talk to doctors and friends that are doctors and to find it's  unacceptable to them that I consider myself healed and a healthy individual. I had to go with the story of " I am in a remission".
Eventually I got to the point where I understood and recognized their point of view but mine also. And they were a bit different. They call me in remission. I call myself healthy. And we are all  happy.

I was thinking about a blog for few years, I wanted to share my story of the blessing that lupus has been for me and the respect I feel for the illness that I worked with for so many years.
You have been told to fight your illness. I choose to diligently and intelligently  work with the illness and discover myself and my potential. You have been told maybe that you "must" fight this terrible disease, I am telling you can " choose" to work to attain your health.

Can you see right there the freedom? No more struggle. The Bible points it well : "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." 
I think it means the Word carries value and the words carry strength so be aware of the words you think and the thoughts you repeat incessantly in your mind and in your speech. 

I'm not saying anything fancy right here, I'm simply saying what psychology already explained, our thoughts are  a huge proportion of 99% repetitive and we tend to think a lot don't we? Now imagine you think you must fight, you are sick, you are not healthy, you are having a flare, you can't do anything, you have lupus, or any other disease for that matter. These thoughts will become part of your subconscious. And rule your life. There is no hocus pocus here, simply be aware of your " words" as what you speak and  think is making you either healthy or sick either fighting or choosing.

What I am saying is choose you own life because you can, choose the way you look at things and the way you perceive yourself. I know you can't really say to yourself I am healthy while you are having a lupus flare but you can say to yourself that you are working with mindfulness out of it and that this will be the last one.

Many other good things will come out of choosing wisely our thoughts and words, like noticing patterns of our thinking, what upsets and brings us joy, what triggers stress and anger  or fears and soon enough we will find out  we can...choose otherwise. As a friend said once to me : move, change your life, you are not a tree ! 

Don't worry too much, this can come easily or it can come hard, and it doesn't matter as long as you started walking the path. Before you know it you actually started knowing yourself and that, right there, its worth more than your weight in gold my friend.



So let me repeat that : I am healthy because I chose to work with my disease and understood what  in me triggers it and I have allowed the disease to be my teacher. I try to be a diligent student even today.

Next post will be about my sweet love for cats ;) : Cat's claw ( Uncaria Tomentosa).



Vrg

DO NOT stop your medication unless advised by your doctor !

Health is attained step by step. With mindfulness.

facebook : Living With-out Lupus


No comments:

Post a Comment