Monday 11 May 2015

Stinging nettle - Urtica Dioica, the herbal panacea





I know I've been away, life has a way with me...  it happens and gets me all busy and travelling. :D !!
But to my defense I've been thinking about what else I want to write here and I have so many things I want to share, I can't wait !
I have two "projects" regarding my health, one is a  water detox and the second is the homeopathic collagen & ubichinon injections for my skin ( my skin was badly affected by cortisone and I am trying to restore it's collagen levels ). I will be documenting both journeys and I'm hoping for interesting things to be learnt and experienced and of course... results !

But for today the topic on my mind is the stinging nettle. I used to love this plant but just cooked as a meal, it didn't even cross my mind to wonder about nettle as a whole plant and its healing properties.
Basically its been like a stranger to me and I didn't know much about its health benefits but now that I know I can't be silenced no more !

Few weeks back we had a holiday with my doctor and her family and whilst strolling in the forest we came across nettle and we decided to pick some for ourselves. I can't even begin to explain the stings I endured, better said, my fingers did and  for couple of days after, but it was well worth it and enjoyable...somehow ?!
Soo... we boiled them carefully and  I had one glass  every morning from the juice that resulted. And I must confess I was left impressed.

So this post is about this fantastic plant that deserves much more attention !

Nettle has been used for centuries to treat allergy symptoms, particularly hayfever as it contains biologically active compounds that reduce inflammation. Dr Andrew Wiel M.D. author, says he knows of nothing more effective than nettle for allergy relief.  In Europe is a common ingredient in many herbal drugs for rheumatic complaints and inflammatory conditions.

Stinging nettle is : an astringent, diuretic, tonic, pectoral, rubefacient, nutritive, anti-rheumatic, anti-allergenic, haemostatic, stimulant, decongestant, herpatic, febrifuge, anti-allergenic, kidney depurative/nephritic, expectorant, anti-spasmodic and anti-histaminic.



Nettle leaf is among the most valuable herbal remedies, because of its nutrients, its traditionally used as a spring tonic. It is a slow acting nutritive herb that gently cleanses the body of metabolic wastes.
Its one of the safest alternatives, especially in the treatment of chronic disorders that require long-term treatment.
Has a gentle, stimulating effect on the lymphatic system, enhancing the excretion of wastes through the kidneys.



Nettle is :

  • wonderful blood builder and purifier
  • excellent for anemia and fatigue, especially in women
  • promoting the process of protein transamination in the liver
  • beneficial during pregnancy due to rich mineral value and vitamin K
  • beneficial during labor to ease pains and to increase milk production in lactating women
  • recommended for premenstrual syndrome because of its toxin ridding activity. When liver is sluggish, it processes estrogen slowly, contributing to the high levels that cause or aggravate PMS.
  • restorative remedy during menopause
  • an astringent that helps with excessive menstrual flow 
  • diuretic, increases the secretion and flow of urine. This makes it invaluable in cases of fluid retention and bladder infections.
  • anti-lithic and nepridic, breaks down stones in the kidneys and gravel in the bladder
  • similar to dandelion leaf, promoting the elimination of uric acid from joints with an alkalizing diuretic activity. In an open multi-clinical trial of 219 patients with arthritis, nettle leaf was compared to NSAID therapy, demonstrating a similar reduction in pan and immobility, with excellent tolerability.
  • a styptic ( an arrestor if local bleeding ) effective remedy for nose bleeds, applied locally or sniffed.
  • an astringent that proves useful in hemorrhoids, diarrhea, and bleeding in the urinary organs.
  • good for treating mouth and throat infections
  • useful to correct symptoms of gastrointestinal excess, such as gas, nausea and mucus colitis.
  • used as an anodyne to relieve pain of burns and scalds.
  • a helper to clear catarrhal congestion. The seeds are an excellent lung astringent, particularly useful for bronchitis and tuberculosis.
  • recommended remedy for goiter and to reduce body weight.
  • anthelmintic, expelling worms and other parasites. 
  • fantastic as a rinse for the hair. This will regenerate hair growth and restore original hair color. Its widely used by the personal hair industry in anti-dandruff products and scalp conditioners. For example Clariol uses more than 40 tons of nettles a year as a hair conditioner.
  • recommended for : allergies ( hay fever, seasonal allergies, asthma, hives)
  • beneficial for neurological disorders - sciatica, neuralgia, MS
  • lowering blood sugar
  • beneficial for celiac disease
  • recommended for loss of muscular power
  • lessening nausea
  • helping with osteoarthritis 

The leaf can be used as a diuretic, for arthritis, rheumatism, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure and allergic rhinitis.
 The root is recommended as a diuretic, for prostate problems and natural remedy to treat or prevent baldness.

An infusion of the plant is very valuable in stemming internal bleeding, arthritis, rheumatism and skin complaints.
Taken orally, products made from nettle's aerial parts may interfere with the body's production of prostaglandins and other inflammations-causing chemicals. Chemicals in nettle aerial parts are also thought to reduce the feeling of pain or interfere in the way that nerves end pain signals . All of these effects may reduce the pain and stiffness of arthritis and other similar conditions.
A solution made from the plant may be applied to the skin to relieve joint pain and muscles aches.



Drinking nettle leaf tea or juice is the best way to use nettles. To make tea, combine 2 teaspoons dried leaf with 1 cup hot water and allow it to stay for 10-15 minutes. Drink 3 cups three times a day. If in severe pain drink one cup every two hours until the symptoms are starting to lessen. 


To apply topically put 2, 3 fresh leaves ( auch ! ) on small joints such as fingers or 4-6 to larger joints, two to three times a day. Remove them a minute or two after application, once multiple stings have occurred. Fresh leaves can be reused as long as they keep stinging and don't rot.

I have been so impressed with nettle's benefits and how good I felt after drinking the nettle juice that I packed some nettle tea in my kitchen and soon will start a two week nettle tea competition with myself.
Some of you may know that for my lupus nephritis stage IV of 2010 I had six dosages of chemo. Since then I have tried to detox my body as often as I could, my liver needs it and my body still needs it so I am doing it as often as I can. I am not a vegetarian ( yet?! ) so I still love meat and that  means uric acid and waste that needs to be flushed often.

Of course whatever I am taking as natural remedies are not only for chemo, cortisone & imuran detox but to supply my body ( and spirit ) with love and care made by Mother Nature. It's one of my ways to learn self love, step by step. Taking care of the body, taking care of the Soul.




Health is attained step by step. With mindfulness.


Facebook : Living with-Out Lupus




6 comments:

  1. It was during my research on HIV/Herpes that I stumbled upon the Hiv/Herpes information; information which is quite easy to find when doing a search for STD on google. I was into conspiracy at the time thought of HIV/Herpes Cured' being a conspiracy was something Ignorance though,I found pretty interesting about herbal medicine. I asked questions about the Herbal cure's on official HIV/Herpes websites and I was banned for doing so by moderators who told me that I was parroting Hiv/Herpes propaganda. This reinforced my belief that there is a cure for Hiv/Herpes Then i found a lady from germany name Achima Abelard Dr Itua Cure her Hiv so I send him a mail about my situation then talk more about it and send me his herbal medicine I drank for two weeks.And today I'm Cured no Hiv/Herpes in my life,I searched for Hiv/Herpes groups to attempt to make contact with people in order to learn more about Hiv/Herpes Herbal Cure's I believed at this time that you with the same disease this information is helpful to you and I wanted to do the best I could to spread this information in the hopes of helping other people.That Dr Itua Herbal Medicine makes me believes there is a hope for people suffering from,Parkinson's,Alzheimer’s disease,Bechet’s disease,Crohn’s disease
    ,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,Hypertension,Colo_Rectal Cancer,Lyme Disease,Blood Cancer,Brain Cancer,Breast Cancer,Lung Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Love Spell,psoriasis,Lottery Spell,disease,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Infertility,Tach Disease ,Epilepsy ,Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Autism,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma, (measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria)Allergic diseases.Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,siva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpe ,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.
    Dementia.,Hiv_ Aids,Herpes,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Copd,Diabetes,Hepatitis,Lupus,I read about him online how he cure Tasha and Tara,Conley,Mckinney and many more suffring from all kind of disease so i contacted him . He's a herbal doctor with a unique heart of God, Contact Emal. ... drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Phone or whatsapp..+2348149277967.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Never believed i was ever going to be HSV FREE again, DR.Ehiaguna has given me reasons to be happy, i was HSV positive for 2 years and all the means and medicine i tried for treatment was not helpful to me, but when i came on the Internet i saw great testimony about DR.Ehiaguna on how he was able to cure someone from HSV 2, this person said great things about this man, and advice we contact him for any Disease problem that DR.Ehiaguna can be of help, well i decided to give him a try, he requested for my information which i sent to him, and he told me he was going to prepare for me a healing portion, which he wanted me to take for days, and after which i should go back to the hospital for check up, well after taking all the treatment sent to me by DR.Ehiahuna , i went back to the Hospital for check up, and now i have been confirmed HSV NEGATIVE, friends you can reach DR.Ehiaguna on any treatment of any Disease cos i saw many testimony of different disease like, HEPATITIS,HIV AIDS,EPILEPSY, CANCER,CFS he is the one only one i can show you all up to, reach him on drehiaguna@gmail.com or whatsApp him now +2348073908953. quick contact him for help and you can just quickly drop your number on your first mail as i did for easily conversation

      Delete
  2. Hello everyone! my name is Noah, I'm writing this article to appreciate the good work of DR AKHIGBE that helped me recently to bring back my wife that left me for another man for the past 6 months. After seeing a comment of a woman on the internet testifying of how she was helped by DR AKHIGBE I also decided to contact him for help because all i wanted was for me to get my wife, happiness and to make sure that my child grows up with his mother 'I love my wife' Am happy today that he helped me and i can proudly say that my wife is now with me again and she is now in love with me like never before. Are you in need of any help in your relationship like getting back your man, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend or loves and family relationship.  Viewers reading my post that needs the help of DR AKHIGBE should contact him via E-mail: drrealakhigbe@gmail.com You  can also call or contact him via whatsapp +2348142454860  He also cure deadly diseases and virus with his natural herbal medicine herbs.  like
    HIV/AIDSHERPESEPILEPSYNAUSEA VOMITING OR DIARRHEASTROKEEXTERNAL INFECTIONCANCERDIABETESCHRONIC DISEASEHEPATITIS A&B AND OTHERS. his email again:  drrealakhigbe@gmail.comnumber : +2348142454860 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe I am presenting signs of lupus after tooth extraction and bone graft prefer the natural or holistic approach

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any guidance would be most appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Never believed i was ever going to be HSV FREE again, DR.Ehiaguna has given me reasons to be happy, i was HSV positive for 2 years and all the means and medicine i tried for treatment was not helpful to me, but when i came on the Internet i saw great testimony about DR.Ehiaguna on how he was able to cure someone from HSV 2, this person said great things about this man, and advice we contact him for any Disease problem that DR.Ehiaguna can be of help, well i decided to give him a try, he requested for my information which i sent to him, and he told me he was going to prepare for me a healing portion, which he wanted me to take for days, and after which i should go back to the hospital for check up, well after taking all the treatment sent to me by DR.Ehiahuna , i went back to the Hospital for check up, and now i have been confirmed HSV NEGATIVE, friends you can reach DR.Ehiaguna on any treatment of any Disease cos i saw many testimony of different disease like, HEPATITIS,HIV AIDS,EPILEPSY, CANCER,CFS he is the one only one i can show you all up to, reach him on drehiaguna@gmail.com or whatsApp him now +2348073908953. quick contact him for help and you can just quickly drop your number on your first mail as i did for easily conversation

    ReplyDelete