Friday 13 February 2015

Arnica Montana - the Healer




Before delving into Arnica Montana lets quickly explain a bit about Homeopathy, what it is and how safe it is.

Homeopathy is a form of holistic medicine used by over 200 million people worldwide ( I'd guess more but we will do with this number) to treat both acute and chronic conditions. It is based on the principle of " like cures like" - in other words, a substance taken in small amounts will cure the same symptoms it causes if it was taken in large amounts.
Homeopathic medicines are manufactured using a process combining serial dilution and vigorous shaking. They are perfectly safe for babies, children, pregnant and breastfeeding women who are under the supervision of a medically - qualified practitioner. 

Homeopathy is FDA approved since 1930.



Arnica Montana is one of the best known homeopathic remedies and it has been used for several studies to demonstrate the effect of the remedies on bruising and trauma. Some plastic surgeons swear by it for reducing bruising after cosmetic surgery ( mine also ! after both my reconstructive surgeries I was given by the nurse Arnica Montana 30Ch !)

Many people are "converted" to the homeopathic cause after seeing spectacular results with this humble herb.

What is Arnica Montana? Its an alpine plant, can potentially reach a height of 60 cm, grows in meadows up to 3000 m above sea level where its exposed to strong sunlight. Higher the altitude, the more aromatic the plant will become. It can be found throughout Europe.

You can find Arnica under the shape of : gel, cream and homeopathic pills.

Arnica can be used for:

  • trauma remedy
  • bruising injuries
  • acute  trauma emergency
  • after surgeries 
  • muscle recovery after exercising
  • insect bites
  • minor injuries 
  • toothache
  • heal after natural childbirth / c section. 
It's actions are far more widespread, as J. Tyler Kent ( 1849-1916), an US homeopathic physician says :     " its a wonderful remedy, a misunderstood remedy, a misused remedy because its limited to bruises."

Arnica is also used ( but not limited to) :
  • remedy for "bruised soul", its a remedy for someone who doesn't forget pains
  • ailment for anger and irritability
  • pain vividly recalled, like nightmares, post traumatic stress syndrome
Arnica has a fantastic ability to treat bruising but generally its ignored in the bigger remedy picture and emotional state. Homeopathic remedies aim to heal at a deeper level that the superficial expression of the body's imbalance.

If its sounds crazy to you then just stick to its healing properties as they are well documented.


I personally disagree with the people that refuse completely homeopathy and natural remedies, deeming them to be dangerous or better not even working.

I am the person that loves to bring arguments into conversations/ debates, and I like to ask anyone that has anything to say to bring valid arguments. So to say to me that these are dangerous you will need some valid arguments and studies to prove that . I presume you wouldn't consider tea dangerous, eh?  There is well documented information over the benefits of tea and drinking tea and you most surely enjoy tea when you are sick, down with cold or flu, or for dieting or health reasons and so on. We are clear then that plants are not dangerous, especially if handled correctly in safe dilutions as in the case of homeopathy. ( homeopathy doesnt use only plants.)

Homeopathy and natural remedies are NOT dangerous if taken wisely and under medical supervision.

Plants and homeopathy are mild compared to synthetic drugs and have little to no side effects if taken under supervision.  We cant say the same about synthetic substances, even taken under supervision. So please ponder with great discerning attention on the thought that homeopathy  can be dangerous !

There is  a time and a place for each of these to be used and I need to be clear, I am very much aware ( and indebted) just how life saving synthetic drugs are and can be and rest assured I am not belittling them.

I have known both worlds and homeopathy has won my heart through the help of my homeopath doctor; Arnica has helped me and my family and friends in  numerous occasions and we have always Arnica in our house. Few days back I bruised my leg, I immediately took Arnica and no bruising happened and healing started few seconds after the little accident.

My sister had a beer bottle explode in her hand few weeks back, many stitches, deep wound, she was very worried, told her about Arnica, she ordered it and she was so relieved, the wound started healing rapidly. As I said previously  I used this after  surgeries and on the first one, years back, I was still on Imuran and cortisone but I healed amazingly quickly and the surgeon was very pleased.

If you want to have Arnica Montana in the house you can and I can tell you that :

- Arnica Montana 15C ( or CH)  is less powerful than Arnica Montana 30C. I have always used either 15 or 30, after surgery I took  C30 every 8 hours, 5 pills under the tongue and no eating and drinking before/ after for 10 m.
- Arnica Montana 30Ch is to be used after surgeries, stiches, traumas, bigger bruising. For anything milder use Arnica 15C.
-For surgery or trauma, big bruising, use it as I was told, every 8 hours but for anything milder twice a day, 5 pills under the tongue.
- After my surgery I was told to take it for 2 weeks, so did my sister, for anything else for few days to one week should be enough.
- For children, half the dosage for adults &  please don't ever handle the homeopathic pills.

I dont know many homeopathic remedies by heart, but Arnica is definitely one of them ! I love this plant and the remedy.
Please be aware I am referring to Arnica as homeopathic remedy and not plant itself.


Pure Arnica herb is toxic if it gets inside the body in larger quantities. Never apply arnica gel/cream  on broken skin or on an open wound. 

 Never take arnica internally unless it's in the form of homeopathic pills.

Some people are sensitive to the compound helenalin found in arnica. If you develop a mild rash, then you are probably helenalin-sensitive and should stop using arnica.


Note : Homeopathic Arnica is a very diluted form of Arnica plant so it is safe. All homeopathy works on high dilutions.



Health is attained step by step. With mindfulness.



Facebook : Living With-out Lupus






1 comment:

  1. I am very happy today to share my testimony on how a herbal doctor cure me from LUPUS. I was infected with LUPUS, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so I was thinking on how to get a solution out so that my body can be restore again. i found an article about one doctor who already help a lady with his herbal medicine. then i contacted him. He told me all the things I need to do, and he send the herbal medicine to me here in my country to take, I followed the instruction properly on how to take it. Before I knew what is happening after two weeks the LUPUS that was in my body got vanished . so if you are also heart broken and also need a help, you can also email him at dr.abaherbalhome@gmail.com or whatsApp his number +2348107155060

    ReplyDelete